History of The Anchorians Sports Club
Where to find the club
The Anchorians Association was formed on Boxing Day 1926 by a group of 30 ex pupils and members of staff of the old Gillingham County School in Third Avenue, Gillingham – now the location of Robert Napier Secondary School. It moved to The Howard School in 1975, where its new Board of Governors approved the adoption of the Anchorians Association as a “ready made” Old Boys’ organisation.
To cement that link, the Howard School badge includes an anchor and the colour purple – both constituent parts of the Association’s and Grammar School’s badges. All former pupils of The Howard School are eligible to become members of the Association and its affiliated sports clubs. The Association is now open to all, providing sport and social facilities to the local community.
The Anchorian Sports club will be home to Players Elite Academy from May 2017 and we plan for this to be a long standing relationship with the club. Players Elite will focus upon the use of the Astro Pitch for all of our coaching sessions. We are very proud to be working with such a long established club and look forward to building a strong bond over time. Click the image above to take you to Google Maps.